Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Family Day!

Hello,

I am so happy to be making my first post to the Kindergarten blog! After two weeks of working with the Blue SK group, I wanted to introduce myself and thank all of the parents and students for being so welcoming.

I have been teaching for 11 years, working with students from Grade 3 to Grade 6. I am very excited to have this new opportunity to work with SK students! I love having this chance to find and use great resources in the class, and then bring some of them home, to work with my daughter who will be starting JK in September!

So far, we have been reading stories related to our monthly theme, and making predictions about, and connections to, the stories. We have been working on our popcorn words and our phonics; and through our center activities, examining measurement, quantity and even practicing some keyboarding skills!

I have to say that I am loving every minute of the block that I get to spend with your children. They are so excited to learn and the time seems to fly by. Their energy and enthusiasm is incredible. Sometimes, I have so much that I am focused on accomplishing that I forget things, like handing out my valentines! Whoops! My class valentines will be handed out and put in the mail bags on Tuesday!

I will be posting on this blog to help keep parents updated. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I check the mail bags every day. Also, if you have a great book that connects with our current theme, that your child loves, feel free to send it into the class and I will do my best to include it in our daily activities.

Have a great day!

Mr. Skinner