Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Prayer Table

This week, many of the students have been leading our group prayer and prayer intentions.I think it's very important that prayer is student-led opposed to always teacher-led. We are also learning the Christian song, "Lord I lift Your name on High."   The students greatly enjoy prayer intentions and many children are beginning to recognize this as an opportunity to think of others. 

The prayer table is an important part of a Catholic classroom.  I would like the students to take a greater role in decorating the prayer table. I am asking children to bring photos or drawings of their family that will be placed on the prayer table. Please label the photo so that I may return the photo at the end of the year. On Thursday and Friday, the students will be drawing their prayer intentions which will also be placed on the prayer table. 

Yours in Catholic education,
Mrs. Zulpo